6 Reasons Why You Should Learn “Baseball’s Hottest Pitch?
1. It’s versatile. You can throw the cutter in any count, any situation. You could throw it 3-1 right over the plate, you could throw it 0-0 as a first pitch strike, or you could throw it 1-2, 0-2, or 2-2 as an out pitch.
2. It’s difficult for a hitter to read. Because it’s part of the fastball family it looks like a fastball coming out of your hand and ends up moving deep on the hitter.
3. Hitters don’t see it a lot. A hitter can only hit what he’s experienced. If they haven’t seen it much, they can’t react and adapt to it.
4. It’s easy to learn. You can learn it today and throw it tomorrow.
5. It’s Safer and easier to learn than a curveball.
6. You don’t have to deviate from who you are to throw a cutter a lot of times when kids go to learn the curve ball, they alter their mechanics, they alter their style, and the pitch ends up suffering.